Wednesday, October 17, 2007

what in the--?

so either they do things special in ojai, or taco bell changed its curriculum at burrito making school, because instead of this:


i got this:
. i turned it over, thinking i opened the wrong end, but i was WRONG (rare, but it happens). it was folded over on both ends. i mean really--does tradition mean nothing these days??

(which reminds me of when my friend worked at taco bell in high school and during her first week was super excited because she had "learned" how to make a burrito. my other friend and i just looked at her and were like, "you mean fold over one side, fold up the bottom and fold over the other side?" she looked very deflated as she answered, "yeah.")

4 comments:

J. Elle said...

I, too, am often dismayed by the disparity between commercial images and actual food I am given at restaurants. I have discovered, purely by chance, that food prepared at the Granite Bay Taco Bell on the corner of Douglas Blvd. and Auburn-Folsom comes very close to matching advertised images, and ratios of sauce to beans to cheese are excellent. I suspect it is because all the wealthy people who live in Granite Bay can demand a higher level of competence that we who "slum" it living on the outskirts.

J. Elle said...

Question: Does Jake look at you like you are slightly off-kilter when he comes around the corner to find you photographing your burrito or arranging a plate of food for its' close-up. I only ask because I know what the look is like since I got it when I took a picture of the eggplant parmesan I made and then didn't include in the blog because I was not pleased with the lighting in the photo.

Anonymous said...

I realize this is off topic from your burrito post, but the pictures of your puppy are adorable!

kelly said...

i'm sure he is on the inside. i'm also positive that i do so many things he considers strange that taking pictures of my food doesn't even faze him...