Friday, June 20, 2008

dan in real life


i so enjoyed this movie. it's just the kind of movie i like. about people and relationships. it made me cry, it made me want to hug my mom, learn to play guitar, sing a song, kiss my husband. and it was quoteable! "this corn is like an angel." "love is not a feeling, it's an ability." "you are a murderer of love!"

the family togetherness was a little too unrealistic (but still left me warm and fuzzy). it was like a bunch of happy and fun family moments that normally would happen over a course of years were condensed into a holiday weekend. in "real life" these scenes/moments would be punctuated by long periods of bickering, whining, eye-rolling, boredom and messes.

i will probably watch it again tomorrow, and try to get jake to watch it. though, it's not really his type of movie....

1 comment:

Our Class said...

ha! i knew you would like it! it made us homesick.